5-31 Day Three

 Oh my days. What a delightful day. 

We served the church this morning by helping set up for service, which included some housecleaning items (sweeping, vacuuming, taking care of trash). At church, I met my mentor for my time being down here, she's one of the families who moved from Des Moines and is really close with the Van Sickle family (planting pastor's fam). I will officially sit down with her this upcoming week.

Service was SO good, they were finishing up Joel 3, I personally have never been in Joel, it was amazing. Worship was really good and I just LOVE the love that everyone has for one another. 

We were fortunate to be invited to their member's meeting, which they hold, and we were able to introduce ourselves and share our "why." At the end, we had time to pray as a body over some of their goals, and I had three kids at my table. It was encouraging to hear these young girls pray for their church. I also hadn't realized how many Drake alum had moved to RI and met ANOTHER family, which was so sweet.  

The remainder of our day was at the Andersons' house again. We had some more orientation and actually saw Gen Send projects from other locations, they were presented in almost a magazine-spread which is so up my alley it isn't even funny. We then had a time to journal through five questions: 

-What do you want to grow in this summer?

-What do you want to learn this summer? 

-What prayer do you want answered this summer? 

-What do I want to prioritize as a team member? 

-Any fears or uncertainties.

We will share our answers tomorrow, and the team at large is looking forward to the opportunity to learn more intimate things about one another. We also leave the hotel tomorrow and move into our dorm/house and plan to share our testimonies tomorrow night as a team. 


Comments

Popular Posts