5-30 Day Two
Orientation day one!! Today we went through our basics "dos and don'ts" as well as some further team bonding/ introduction stuff. Our group dynamic is INCREDIBLE. We took some time today to marvel at how our group interacts with one another and loves one another already without needing to spend time "warming up." Someone pointed out and reminded that all glory goes to Christ. Because we all love the Lord, because we all are here with the same goal (serving the Lord, as well as more personal motives), because we are all Christians, we love one another with ease. HOW SWEET!
We spent time this afternoon (roughly 5 hours) at the Andersons' house again and got to spend time talking to more of the church body. I met one more Drake alum, who's a pharmacist and also leads worship here. I've heard people already rave about how talented he is, so I'm hype to see that. It is so cool to see faithful church members. We may be going to a membership meeting and introducing ourselves to them in a more formal way, stay tuned, get excited.
Tomorrow is our first church service, and hearing all the returners talk about it makes me so excited. It sounds very similar to Des Moines, just smaller. The church is going through a sermon series in Joel, and I want to go through if I get time and watch the previous weeks' recordings.
John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Comments
Post a Comment