6-1 Day Four
Happy first day of the month! Today, we established our team covenant, had evangelism training, and moved out of the hotel!
Our team covenant was uber sweet, we made clear the things we care about and who we want to be for one another, then provided three Scriptures to support it. We had shared our answers to those five questions from yesterday, and everyone's vulnerability was great for bonding.
Pastor Jacob led the evangelism training. We learned about different approaches to sharing the gospel. Biblical theology is an approach that focuses on the story of the Gospel. Systematic theology, as you can expect, focuses on the system of salvation and the Gospel. It is very "because of x, we need y." All the times in the past that I have shared the gospel, I tend to do the more systematic approach, but the other one works better. I hope to grow in this way this summer!
Tonight, we celebrated one of our teammates' birthdays. We got Korean Fried Chicken, and it was so yummy. Our waitress was so so kind and funny, we wanted to ask her about her relationship with the Lord, but used discernment in that she was at work, and it may not be the most appropriate. Regardless, it was a good night, another good day. I believe tomorrow we're going to get started on learning more of the city and praying over it.
Tomorrow starts Sacred City Summer, which I'm not too sure about the structure of, but I'm sure it will be a great opportunity for fellowship and food!
Comments
Post a Comment