6-10 Day Thirteen
I'm pretty sure I was on a roller coaster for most of today.
The day started high. I met with my discipleship person from the church, and we talked about SO much. I've learned how to apologize, admit, and acknowledge I am wrong without pointing out any old gripes with that person. This was HUGE. I think because this woman is so much like me, I have an easier time receiving the feedback she gives me, versus someone I am not like, it that prideful or self-centered? I don't know, but praise God for growth.
The day began to plummet a little bit when we began the primary goal of the day: our posters. We had signs with questions on them: "What happens when we die?" "Wanna talk about Jesus?" and "Who is Jesus?" We spent probably close to four hours out trying to start conversations with people, and I think I only talked to four people. I was scoffed at today by a man riding a bike with these comically big white winter gloves. I also got sworn at during a conversation today that turned hostile (not from us). In that same conversation, I got some droplets of a mystery liquid from this man's drink splashed on me, I don't want to dwell on that too much.
Here's the next hill of our roller coaster! We had girls' night! We got acai bowls and came back to our dorm to watch "My Girl." The community was really nice, lying on a couch in a cool basement was much needed. I'm pretty mentally drained after today, but we're starting late tomorrow, which means I get to sleep in! I'm hoping it's a restful night. We've all been having some hard times sleeping since being here. I hope I can get over that soon.
Comments
Post a Comment