6-11 Day Fourteen

One of the best parts of Gen Send Summer so far has been the dedicated, intentional time in the Word. Back home, this was something I really struggled with. I had flooded my schedule with so much that I would find myself making excuses for why I didn't read that day. In Providence, my schedule has been pretty much the same every day; there are no excuses. I also just find myself turning to the Lord first more in times when I'm feeling a lot, rather than seeking out people. 

Today we got a message from Jordan about a guy we've connected to the church. He said he really thinks he is going to become a Christian soon. THAT'S AMAZING! He has been coming around to church (and church events) this past week, and in every interaction, you can just see such a curiosity within him to know God. It was a huge encouragement to receive that message and to know that so many prayers are being answered. 

This morning, we started later than usual but were out the door earlier. Half of us spent time in a coffee shop, in the Word for about an hour and a half, before meeting as a team to do computer work for our project. We checked in with what strategies have worked so far for engagement, what haven't, and what we want to do differently. In the afternoon, we split in pairs do evangelism, but I think the heat was really starting to get to us. In the hour we were out, we spoke to nobody. 

Thursday nights are Bible study nights! We read 1 John 2. Honestly, I had a really hard time staying focused. We had our team (8) plus 5 Brown University students. We were running things all sitting around the same table, and I found it really difficult to speak up and share thoughts. I'm getting to a point where I am getting "peopled out" and need to take time to recharge alone. Tomorrow is our Sabbath and I intend to be alone for a good chunk. I need undivided, uninterrupted time with the Lord.

A fun anecdote to end on: we have no access to laundry in our dorm! Last week, we had a family from the church wash our clothes, which was such a blessing, and this week we used the Brown University dorms to wash most of ours. Our other option was to use a service that would cost us A LOT since there aren't any laundry places around (for some reason??) At one point, we considered breaking open Tide Pods and hand washing stuff here; thankfully, we didn't get that desperate, and most people weren't willing to do that. 

1 John 2:15 "Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 


Comments

Popular Posts