6-12 Day Fifteen
Last night, I realized I may be homesick. It's really easy to be caught up and focused on Rhode Island 24/7, but when I'm not, it tends to hit me all at once. My solution was to print off some pictures at CVS and put them on my wall. I have 8 pictures now. I will report back later if they do anything for my psyche.
Today was our Sabbath day! I woke up early (without any alarms, unfortunately) but spent the morning walking to go get my pictures, then sitting by the river while on the phone with Nick. I had a REALLY good quiet time at a coffee shop this morning with my roommate. It was a delight to read with someone else, we talked through what each of us was learning, overall super sweet! Afterwards, two of the guys on the team joined us for lunch and we spent the afternoon in the mall. I made it out without buying anything (I don't think my suitcase has the space for irresponsible spending).
Late this afternoon, I got to call Leah for about an hour/ hour and a half-ish. I had a blast exchanging the plethora of new things in each other's lives currently. Normally, spending time talking and with people does not recharge me, but with the right people, it really does make a difference. Today was a big phone call day for Zoey Borkowski.
We had a team dinner tonight in the dorm, which was sweet, and we had a JWU student join us who is basically a clone to one of the guys on the team. Overall, I can't say how restful my day was, but it was certainly fun. I pretty much just sweat 24//7. Our dorm has no AC and the fans aren't really doing much anymore. One of the conversations we had in the coffee shop was about how Paul referred to his trials and beatings as "light afflictions." Having that perspective, I think I may have to suck it up. If no AC is the worst of my sufferings, I may need a reality check.
"For our momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
Comments
Post a Comment