6-13 Day Sixteen


 I am not the biggest fan of soccer; I didn't even know the World Cup was happening or what games were happening when. Apparently, the Scottish LOVE it. Here in Providence, there's a huge influx right now, men (and women) wearing kilts, alcohol in the morning, and I kid you not, bagpipes heard across town. What an exciting time to be alive! 

Today we spent the morning inviting people to come to our pick-up soccer game in the park. My pair and I had a lot of success in inviting, lots of interest, but once our game happened, nobody showed. Regardless of what the results were, I was still fixed on the awe that we had when we were having so many people "accept" our invitations and receive them well. We prayed multiple times over how mysterious this was, that we didn't understand it, but were submitting to the will of the Father. Regardless of the circumstance, whether or not it makes sense to us in the moment, we are called to obey. 

Tonight, we had another outdoor event for the young adults (without kids) in the church. We were outside again and played yard games and passed around a volleyball. This time was good, but after the first hour, we were BEAT. Being in the heat all day was brutal, and I'm pretty sure 6/8 of us have sunburns. I, for some reason, packed two bottles of aloe in my suitcase, so fortunately, I was prepared for the entire team to be burnt. 

Week 2 is complete, crazy how time is flying by! Only four more weeks left. 

Comments

Popular Posts