6-14 Day Seventeen

This is the first week Sacred City has done only one service for the summer! Us Gen Senders, really value our much-needed sleep, so the late start was welcomed. The service, as always, was great. We are continuing our time in Acts, and today talked about "Rest, Miracles, and the Lord's Day." 

Our team has made it a routine to go grocery shopping after church, courtesy of Mrs. Van Sickle, who has driven us for two weeks. We had a pretty quick turnaround after our shopping, and we were off to celebrate the worship leader's birthday at the house of the woman who's discipling me while I'm here. 

Sacred City's community reminds me so much of Summit Church back in Puerto Rico. All of the families who are doing life together, how intertwined everyone is, and all the young kids. One of the many things that has been revealed to me this summer has been that I really prefer small churches. Big enough where you can rotate social circles at events, but small enough where everyone knows everyone. 

I ended my day calling Nick, who, as always, is a delight. It has been very helpful to talk to people from Des Moines whenever I get the chance (which doesn't happen a lot), to counter the hints of missing my community I have been getting. My time in Providence has been amazing, as I've said many, many times, but the people back home are what make Des Moines worth missing. 



Comments

Popular Posts