6-19 Day Twenty Two
Oh, how undeserving I am of the unfathomable riches of God's grace (Ephesians 3:8/ Ephesians as a whole). Friday is our Sabbath. I woke up still semi-early this morning to go read in my favorite coffee shop in Providence: Seven Stars Bakery. After meeting with my mentor on Wednesday, I have been adding a new rhythm to my time in the Word, and that is confession and repentance of sin from the day prior. It has been really sweet and really hard to write out, but reflection is always a good thing.
I had the chance to video call Allyson Afrank and hear about what is happening in Des Moines. I am SO encouraged by all the young women in our ministry. I have enjoyed hearing about the growth that's happening. My prayer and hope is that this summer's fruit will continue to flourish into the semester.
I met with Jordan today to talk about the logistics of moving out here. I HAVE NOT MADE ANY DECISIONS YET. Moving to Rhode Island weighed heavily on my heart before even coming here for the summer, and since being here, it's only grown. I have been praying through it for clarity, and realized I need to actually know what I would be going into. A lot of what I had already known was reaffirmed: discipleship of college girls, evangelism on campus, and church responsibilities. I have a heart for discipleship, and to hear that there's such a need for it now, that there's so much work to be done here, gives me a lot to pray through. I learned a ton as well about how support raising works and what that looks like (rough estimates and the technical stuff of the portal).
Tonight we had s'mores at Jordan and Lexi's house! We sat around a campfire and talked about what God has been teaching us. I hate to overuse the word again, but it was a really sweet time. These types of conversations always fill my cup. We also talked about feet, kinda a lot, but it's okay, God loves us even when we are weird. When we came home, we took time to pray for the city. I am so encouraged by this team and their hearts for the lost, their love for the Lord, and how prayerful we are. Tomorrow is Providence's big pride festival/ parade. It's apparently a huge deal nationally, and we saw some of that already just on our drive home. We prayed for conviction in the city, that our hearts as well be focused on the souls and not the sin, and that our thoughts be taken captive and our eyes stay fixed on Christ. Nothing is set in stone, but we intend to do outreach/ cold sharing in the morning and in the afternoon: do indoor computer work as the festivities ramp up.
Comments
Post a Comment