6-20 Day Twenty Three
We had a late start this morning, praise God! Our morning zoomed by. We had an hour/ hour and a half of conversations in the city before lunch, then headed inside for computer work. Because of the pride festivities in the town, as a group, we decided it would be best to not be involved or out and about during its peak.
I was in a pair with my roommate, where we really just served as an ear to the people we interacted with. Initially, it was discouraging because we weren't having any Gospel conversations, but my roommate shared that she's been feeling as though God has been telling her to just love others well. It is a gift that she has of making people feel heard and cared for. I think it also helps that she has a little bit of a southern accent; it really adds to the effect.
Post lunch and work, we played volleyball in the park. As a team, half of us have volleyball experience; I'm the most retired, no doubt, but the enthusiasm is still there. I hurt my shoulder by sleeping on it weird and volleyball definitely aggravated it, just thought I'd give a physical wellbeing update (plus I'm annoyed by the pain). The guy who we've been praying for to know Christ came, and it is always so sweet to see how quickly he's embraced this community. We've just adopted him into our group, and he always adds to our fun. We talked about baptism and what's holding him back from fully knowing Christ. He is still working through a lot of doubt.
Post volleyball, dinner, and ice cream, we were walking home and he really began to open up to a couple of us. I feel fortunate that he felt comfortable sharing so much with us, and it really breaks my heart at the same time for how much he's gone through. God has certainly been moving and working in his life, whether he is aware of it or not yet. Continue to pray for him and us, that we as a community can pour into him and help him work through his doubt.
Comments
Post a Comment