6-21 Day Twenty Four

As per usual, the sermon today at church was really good. We are going through Acts for the summer series and talked about the messenger. the message, and the ministry. That Paul practiced what he preached, his life reflected his words. A verse that really stood out was Acts 20:24:

"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of God's grace." 

My life is not precious to myself; what makes it precious is giving it to God. I've also just been really meditating on how I can use my life to leverage the Gospel.

It was also my first time actually mixing sound during a service on my own. There were a few songs I didn't know, so that made it harder, but I haven't gotten any complaints so I am counting it as a win. 

A delightful event from the day was video calling my dad for Father's Day. My dad is my best friend, sorry if that makes me sound like a loser; my dad is just really cool. I enjoyed also getting to see his face as well, not just hearing him on the phone. My mom was reading my blog while on the phone today, so I think I'm funny for relaying that here as well. Hi Mom! 

A part of our Sunday routine is being hosted for dinner in one of the houses of a family in the church. Tonight was with one of the pastors. We had great food and great company. Lots of good conversations tonight, whether that be on a porch or around a fire pit. Forever grateful to hear about the ways the Lord is working in everyone's lives and where they see themselves in the future. 




Comments

Popular Posts