6-22 Day Twenty Five

I started my day in the best spot in Providence, Seven Stars Bakery. It's about a 20 minute walk from our dorm, and it is wonderful. My drink of the summer has been a honey latte with almond milk, I'm staying consistent in hopes the baristas remember me. I spent time journaling this morning and in the Word. It was placed on my heart to stray from my original reading plan and read Romans 12. I'm very grateful I had. 

A Summary: Present yourselves as living sacrifices to God (v1). Be transformed by the renewing of your mind (v2). Do not think higher of yourself than you ought, we all have gifts that differ but are needed in the same body (v3-8). Love must be free from hypocrisy (v9).  Be of the same mind towards one another, rejoicing with those who rejoice, weeping with those who weep (v15-16) Never repay evil (v17). Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good (v21).

So immediately after I finished reading that, I had to go on a prayer walk. Fully aloud, walking the streets at 9:15 in the morning, talking to the Lord. I felt super convicted and needed to bring it to the Lord, reminding myself of the Gospel. It was a really sweet way to start a day of meetings. 

Then, taking a huge time skip to 5pm, we had Trevor (who did Gen Send last year and now moved out here) and Chris (the guy from the Portugal Festival) over for dinner and testimonies tonight. I shared the event as "Laughs, Lasagna, and the Lord." Anyways, so not the point, but I thought it was funny.

We have been praying since meeting him 15 days ago that Chris may come to know the Lord in our time here. It's been labeled as a bold prayer but after sharing all our testimonies, IT WAS AN ANSWERED PRAYER. Chris shared his life, the trials, and the way the Lord has been so incredibly persistent in His pursuit. After sharing his life's story, one of the guys on the team asked him where he was at in recognizing his sin and acknowledging his need for a Savior. Apparently, he was asked this same question the other night so he's been stewing on it. Chris then asked how to do it, how to ask God into his heart. He got a call suddenly from his Grandfather, fortunately, everything was okay but half the team was in tears already while we waited for his call to end. We encouraged him to step out the boat, to go towards Christ knowing he won't be able to know it all or truly do anything apart from God. 

Then, Chris, for the very first time, prayed out loud and asked the Lord to save him. I have never seen someone become a Christian. Even now, two and a half hours later, I am at a complete loss for words. God is so incredibly faithful. He doesn't need us for anything. He is fully able to bring people to Him, but I am just so grateful that this was something we all got to witness. As a team, we then all prayed for him and rejoiced in now having him as a brother in Christ. We had a time of worship with Chris, and now, we are all expected to go to sleep after that. I don't know how that will be possible. 

Matthew 14:27-31 "But immediately Jesus spoke to them saying, 'Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.' Peter responded and said to Him, 'Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.' And He said 'Come!' And Peter got out of the boat, and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and whe he began to sink, he cried out, saying, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately, Jesus reached out with His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, 'You of little faith, why do you doubt?'

Comments

Popular Posts