6-25 Day Twenty Eight

On Thursdays, I meet with a believer in a coffee shop so we can read together.  Our conversation today was intense for 8 in the morning, so I didn't get the chance to read. We talked about college ministry and how denominational differences have caused a divide within the community on her campus. This then led into talking about same-sex attraction, THEN same-sex marriage. To balance the conversation, we ended by talking about how we should posture ourselves towards sin. We walked to her clinic, where she is doing research this summer, and along the way, we did expedited testimonies. I'm very encouraged by her! 

There was a little bit of computer work done as a team, but in all honesty, I was so distracted that I didn't contribute beyond the occasional input on our design and preparing a "meeting agenda" beforehand. 

This afternoon, we had "Gender Day" instead of "Gender Night." The girls and I got lunch, then sat on JWU's campus and did a SPEC Check (Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, Circumstantial). Despite doing absolutely everything together, it can be hard to actually get a read on how everyone is and so I've appreciated this intentionality. We then walked to Trader Joe's since a few of the girls had never been. 

Continuing my "Gender Day," I got to call my future roomie (one of my closest friends, housemate, and overall great person), Madison! It was amazing getting the chance to talk to her about my time here, and to hear about the weddings I've missed in Des Moines and about our ministry as a whole. Whenever I talk to people who aren't here this summer with me, it always fills my cup. Post our call, I felt like I could run a marathon. I love my friends a whole lot, and talking to her for the first time this summer reminded me of that.

This evening, we did evangelism along the riverwalk. We had our two signs: "What happens when you die?" and "Why do bad things happen?" I talked to the same guy for our entire time out tonight. He was raised in the Catholic church in Providence, but doesn't agree with the traditions and is now a Christian. We talked for 2-ish hours about evangelism, worship, and conviction, and he gave me feedback on how to talk to non-believers. It was awesome! He and his wife are looking for a church, and we encouraged him to visit Sacred City. In a very lost city like this one, it is always such an encouragement to find fellow believers. Please keep him and his wife in your prayers that they are able to find a community within SCC like they've been looking for. 

Matthew 9:37-38 "Then He said to His disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore, plead with the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.'"

Comments

Popular Posts