6-26 Day Twenty Nine
For this week's sabbath, we took the train to Boston! I've never been on a train outside of an airport before; it was certainly an experience. We got on the wrong train; it was a rich person's carriage where tickets cost $50 a person, but after a 40-minute "layover" at a station in the middle of nowhere, we made it into Boston.
I'm not an ultra tourist-y person and didn't have any plans for our time (I actually voted we stay in RI and do a game/ movie day, but it was outvoted 5-3). We walked to the Boston Commons and Acorn Street as a team, and eventually we split up. Our mobilizer, one other guy, and I went to a coffee shop. I spent time journaling and reading my book; it was delightful. I also learned how to upload pictures here and have been going back through to add them. Enjoy our Acorn Street pic!
We decided to eat dinner back in Providence, so we headed back around 5:30/6 and on the train, I talked to Trevor (the one who moved out here after his gensend summer last year) about what it will look like when I go back to Iowa. He was super helpful and gave me some good things to think about in terms of my growth so far and how to take the disciplines and lessons from this very specific context and stay consistent back home.I am continuing to learn my lesson in dying to oneself. I ate sausage and pepperoni on my pizza tonight. This is a summer of growth.
I've been physically and mentally exhausted lately, so I am looking forward to the slower morning tomorrow so I can spend more time in the Word than I have been able to in the past few days. Since being here, I've stayed consistent in the discipline of starting my day in Scripture, so now when I miss it, my day feels off entirely.

Comments
Post a Comment