6-27 Day Thirty

Because yesterday was busy in Boston, today was our sabbath part 2, and I started my day where all good days begin....in the Word and at Seven Stars. I finished reading Ephesians this morning, and it was awesome. Sometimes we pray for things without actually knowing what we're praying for, so I went on a deep dive. At the end of Ephesians 6, Paul asks for prayer that he may proclaim the gospel boldly (Ephesians 6:19). This entire summer, we've been praying for boldness, so what does it mean, using biblical context, to act boldly?

Boldness is having confidence in God, not in man's abilities (2 Corinthians 3:4-6). It is also acting with clarity and fearless power given only through the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 1:7). This next definition really got me; it's prioritizing God's glory over your own reputation (Galatians 1:10). I find there are a lot of things that are implied within Christianity, that we all know, but whenever I see it again written out, it always strikes me how important it is. 

Leading up to tonight, the day was restful. We went out tonight from 6:30-10pm doing survey evangelism and our signs ("Why do bad things happen?" and "What happens when you die?"). There was a massive rave-esque event going on in the park where we were evangelizing, and it just broke my heart. Seeing people seek fulfillment through the things of this world (drugs, alcohol, sex) is so sad. Our conversations tonight felt so different from usual, very scattered. We were able to invite a lot of people to church tomorrow, and I hope to see familiar faces. 

I did have a strange interaction because I had gone up to a guy who was standing along the bridge holding a book I wanted to read. We started a conversation about that, then I learned all about his immigrant parents, his LSAT experience, and the job market. At some point, he asked if I wanted to go on a walk, and I didn't know how to say no. We continued to talk about his purpose in life and what truths he believed. I shared my testimony while waiting for someone from our team to come save me. Once someone else from the team showed up, we invited him to church. I pray that the Lord works in his heart. I pray for all the people I talked to tonight that the Lord makes Himself known to these people. 

Comments

Popular Posts