6-28 Day Thirty One

 Happy 29th Wedding Anniversary to my parents! 

This morning did not start in Seven Stars, but in a different coffee shop called Small Point Cafe. My roommate and I spent an hour or so before church doing our quiet time. I journaled, then started a new book in the Bible: Habakkuk. I am so jazzed about this, it answers our most popular evangelism question: why do bad things happen? It's just three chapters; if I have time tomorrow morning, maybe I'll finish it. Who knows! 

At church today, I did sound all by myself from start to finish, and I like to think it went well. It was also my last time serving while here for the summer. Officially, only one more church service until we're done. It's been crazy how time has been flying by. 

Our service today continued through the book of Acts. It was very application-heavy with the title: "Six Practices of Faithful Pastors and Churches." 

  1. Preach the Whole Counsel of God
    1. Do not shrink back from the whole image of God
  2. Deal with Themselves First
    1. Matthew 7:3-5, taking the log out of your own eye first
  3. Shepherd the Flock of God
  4. Understand the Gospel
    1. All people are bought through the blood of Christ. Love your brothers and sisters.
  5. Protect Against False Teaching
    1. Civilian and Congressional Oath; warned against opposition coming from the inside and out
  6. Never, Ever Stop
Then, tonight we had our weekly family-hosted dinner. It was really sweet tonight, we spent a lot of time sharing about Campus Fellowship back in Des Moines, which naturally included V-Day videos. It's so fun to reflect on how the men in our ministry serve and love the women. To hear how different things are at bigger schools, or even just schools in a different region of the country, I feel very, very fortunate to be a part of a ministry like CF. We also played the Jackbox game Quiplash and obviously made a lot of poop jokes. 


Comments

Popular Posts