6-3 Day Six
Today was a slower day than the others. I had lots of time to rest in between things, which was much needed. Most of today was spent out on the street doing Evangelism. Our team went out in pairs to conduct "surveys." Prior to lunch, 9-11 AM, there wasn't anybody out really. My pair and I went and camped out in a coffee shop, one I want to be a regular at, which was nice. I may get a tattoo from the barista's roommate. Stay tuned.
For lunch, I was with somebody else from the team, as it was sweet to just spend time and talk to one another. I feel like I haven't gotten a lot of one-on-one time with her, so I appreciated the hour and a half we shared.
Boom, this afternoon another pair. We went out and started conversations with people. I would say there were a lot of "+1 Conversations," but not many Gospel presentations. Many, many people who are stuck in their ways of "do what's best for you" and "I respect all religions." Though I do not feel discouraged. I know the Lord can do a lot with a little; He certainly has in my life. I just pray that there is fruit to come from our conversations, that there are people who continue to water the seeds we have planted.
On Wednesdays, we have "gender night." It is really just a time for the guys and gals on the team to split up and spend time fostering and growing their friendships. In future weeks, I believe we are encouraged to invite other people into these events, but since it was our first one, it was just us.
We got sushi and Chipotle and went to sit in the amphitheater on Brown University's campus. Then, over good food, we were able to get vulnerable with one another, which was just sweet. I'm not going to disclose anything we talked about, but just know the Lord has been so good to us and is certainly moving within all of our friendships with one another.
Whoo a tattoo!! I’m so excited for your convos Zoey, I’ll be praying for opportunities to present the gospel
ReplyDelete