6-5 Day Eight

SABBATH DAY! Oh my perfect timing. Today was a much-needed day of rest. I met for coffee with Chia, she's a Brown University student who all the Gen Senders ADORE. She's someone in the church our age and since I didn't participate in the team beach endeavour today (schedule conflict), it was nice to be in good company. 

My second meeting of the day was with my mentor! As a woman who has been told I have an intense personality, I requested someone who could match me. I also wanted someone who could call me out directly and not worry about hurting my feelings (to everyone who knows me, this is a wild choice, I am aware.) Our meeting was so so good, we learned a lot about each other, but also had good conversations already about being faithful to your church in the workplace, and family/relationships. I was super grateful for our time today and look forward to this being a routine part of the week. 

Our day ended with being reunited as a team (partially), getting overpriced burgers and milkshakes, and a prayer night hosted at the church. Super fun part of tonight was getting a letter from my NEW pen pal from Illinois. It was a delightful surprise and I hope to figure out the mail system soon to return her letter. 

Psalm 84:3 "Even the sparrow has found a home...a place near Your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God."


Comments

Popular Posts