6-7 Day Ten

 Hey guys, trying a new way of writing, addressing the audience, hope you guys enjoy me breaking the fourth wall! 

I keep hearing Walnut Creek Downtown be referred to as DTC, and I really enjoy that. I will be bringing that back to Des Moines. Speaking of bringing things back, my new sound skills! I do not understand how to program levels for songs or instruments, but I can mix during worship! I have been told that what I know now is practically most of the battle, and the rest is figuring out the sound I like. I'm so pumped to do this more, you don't even KNOW. Well, you do because I told you, but you get what I mean.

Someone I talked to yesterday in the city showed up to church, it was awesome! And today's sermon was AMAZING. Once it is on YouTube, I will link it because it was super relevant to the season I am in right now, it was titled "Missional Friendships." It was also a huge encouragement in general, which is why I want to share it with you. The message also added to my list of verses that continue to pop up everywhere. Psalm 32 has been popping up a lot in my life; it was our benediction today. I read 2 Corinthians 8 this morning, and 2 Corinthians 8:1-4 was a reference; there is no such thing as a coincidence. God is so cool. 

Our team gets to be loved on by the families in the church by having weekly family dinners. Tonight, we were at one of the pastor's houses. His family is delightful, his wife's cooking was amazing, it was so good. We had breakfast for dinner. If you know me, which I hope you do if you are reading this, I LOVE a breakfast casserole. 

I have also eaten a lot of cookies tonight. The vibe in the room as I write this is silly. I am having silly roommate time as we collectively write this. It's 10pm, our team meeting tomorrow morning is at 9am, but I intend on visiting the coffee shop I want to be a regular at. So what I am saying is, it's been lovely talking to you, dear reader, but our time must end, and I will no longer break the fourth wall and write while under the influence of sugar. My pillow is calling, and the longer I type, the more embarrassed I get.


Comments

  1. Ha. I loved reading this! You're the best Pooks! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts