6-9 Day Twelve
God is so good! There were so many answered prayers today.
I spent my quiet time on the far end of the Downtown Providence region, in the Jewelry District at a cafe. My time was spent in prayer, meditating on Scripture, reading my Bible, and trying to wash the cold brew stain off my white shirt in the bathroom (it didn't work). During my quiet time, I noticed a girl at a table across from me. I prayed for boldness and went to talk to her. She is a Christian who goes to a gospel-preaching church in town. We talked about what we were reading, and I shared that I was encouraged by just seeing her reading the Word, that I hadn't encountered that in my time in RI. It was super sweet, and we exchanged numbers to meet up sometime!
We spent a portion of our day doing more street evangelism and surveys. I was feeling discouraged or discontent with our conversations, but was reminded of how we have been praying for the Lord to go before us and to soften hearts, that even when we cannot see it, God is working.
The last bit of evangelism time today, we returned to the Christian Science Reading Room to see Ms. Bonnie. She had a run-in with our team multiple times recently, and today she asked me about our church. We talked about sin and salvation, where we vary in belief. I shared with her who God is, and how it is not up to our individual interpretation. The conversation today was entirely different from the tone of our past conversation. I believe that the Lord is using this relationship to wake her up to how lost she has been. Please continue to pray for her. We hope that the Lord stirs something in her and that we may see her in Sacred City this summer.
Sacred City Summer was tonight! This week was on forgiveness. WHAT A TIMELY TOPIC. Before this summer, I had been reading Forgive by Tim Keller; it was very similar. Forgiveness is a choice; it is not a feeling. When we struggle to forgive, we MUST look to the cross and be reminded of the forgiveness extended to us. Earlier today I had shared with some of the girls that I am struggling to acknowledge my wrongs and to ask for forgiveness, then this was the message tonight??? Message received.
Psalm 9:10 "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, Lord, have not abandoned those who seek You."
Comments
Post a Comment