7-5 Day Thirty Eight

Oh man, today it really set in that this will be a week of "lasts." It was our last church service while here for the summer, and it was a good one. We read Acts 20:32-38, "Paul's Lasting Legacy," and talked about what Paul left behind as he left the church and what we can learn. In short, Paul left God's Word (the truth of the gospel), Paul's example, and his prayers. It was encouraging to hear how impactful prayer is, that without physically being with the church and its people, Paul never forgot about them in his prayers (Ephesians 1:16). Seeing that we are leaving in 4ish days, this sermon overall was very applicable, and a little bittersweet. 

Post-church, the team split into three groups for lunch, and I was only with one other guy on our team, plus five people from the church. It was a fun time with good food and being able to share memories with one another. I have so much love for the people here, and seeing how they have loved us so well in a short time, and one another, has been incredible. One of the guys bought my teammate and me handrolls, which was just a fancy way of saying a sushi taco (or unrolled sushi). 

This afternoon, I took a much-needed nap after we were dropped back off at our dorm. I haven't been sleeping super well in the past week, and I am really looking forward to bed tonight. We had dinner at the Van Sickle's home, and it was a fun time with yard games and roudy kids. The girls and I all got on the trampoline at the same time, and it was so much fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! 

Tonight, I got to talk to my dad for a little bit on the phone, and it was sweet. I miss him a whole lot and will get to see him in less than two weeks! Our dorm is finally starting to cool down more as it looks like there's a bit of rain in the next couple of days. I'll take rain over 100 degrees any day. Rain also makes me very happy; it feels cozy. I'm feeling very scatter-brained tonight. I'm praying that in this final week, I can continue to be focused on the project and the team, being able to soak up every moment with a group of people I may not see again after this week. 


Comments

Popular Posts