7-6 Day Thirty Nine

The morning began with the final Monday morning team meeting during our time in Providence. After opening our time in prayer and gratitude, we reflected on three questions: 

1. What did you learn this summer?

2. What would you change this summer?

3. What did you love this summer?

I don't have an answer for the second, and my answers for the other blend into one. These past six weeks have grown me in ways I hadn't expected. Prior to coming out here, I really struggled with managing my emotions independently (being a big external processor) but in being in a new environment, around new people, I've had to rely on the Lord entirely. I can't count the times I've brought my emotions and thoughts to the Lord and He has calmed the storm. God is so awesome, guys. 

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all you heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

It's one of those verses you hear a million times but never really dwell on until you have no other option. This summer, there's been so many times where all I can do is turn to the Lord in ernest prayer. We're given a lot of independence this summer which has resulted in many moments of not knowing what to do, and in some cases failing. We cannot do anything at all on our own, and how sweet of a reminder is that! It's been a blessing to have failures where we tried to go in on our own. 

John 15:5, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." 

I could truly go on and on about how this summer has changed me, but I'll save it for a end of summer wrap up. Our second meeting of the day was with Pastor Jacob. I had asked about humility and if other relgions can pray to God still. To answer my second question, we looked at 1 Corinthians 10:19-21, and the conclusion we reached was: NO. 

The most exciting part of our time was when Jacob had shared his ideas for the church if they were to get into their own building. There would be some pretty neat opportunities out here if that were to be the case, but we shall see. Their current lease ends in May 2027 which also happens to be the year I graduate and also have a lease that ends. Regardless of where my path is heading, continue to pray for Sacred City to be able to get their own building, this would be HUGE for the church! 

Comments

Popular Posts