7-8 Day Fourty One

This morning was my final mentor meeting during my time in Rhode Island, in the moment, it wasn't sad, but the longer I dwell, it kind of is. The Lord is so so good to us, to give us a community within the body. We don't deserve this gift, and yet, we have it. Funnily enough, we both forgot to write cards for one another and bring them to our meeting today, so the hope is we both remember tomorrow, time will tell! Our time together ended in encouragement which was really sweet, she read Psalm 48 aloud and reminded me that my strength is in the Lord, and that it is something to continue to rejoice over and share.

I then spent the rest of my morning in coffee shops working on booking flights for my upcoming travels for the next couple of months. This was a daunting process seeing that I have been out of work for 6 weeks, but it is alright, money comes and goes, [insert some generic phrase here, I can't think of any]. 

Me and Roomie! (Nat)

And now, the exciting stuff, we ran through our presentation and got feedback from our mobilizer, Jordan. We present tomorrow (Thursday) night, and have time in the morning to make our revisions. Ultimately, it was not a bad afternoon, but our 60 minute presentation took two and a half hours with tech stuff needing to get sorted and feedback given between speakers. I was able to figure out a vast majority of our technology issues which definietely boosted my ego, I turned on the sound equipment, wireless mic, and figured out screen casting. I enjoy being technologically literate. 

Our "last hurrah" was getting sushi for dinner (6/10 stars in my opinion), and going to see a light house at sunset. The sunset was AMAZING. We ran around on rocks along the ocean, it was the best feeling ever. It was the most grounded I've felt my entire time being here. It brought me so much joy to smell the ocean, feel the waves, see the sun and be able to marvel at our Creator. 

On our carride home, it began to hit me that this is the end. Tomorrow night we present, then all disperse and go our seperate ways. I don't think the attitude to have in a time like this is sorrow, and so I'm going to challenge myself to be in the moment, to be joyful for all that God has done this summer.

Psalm 48:9, 14 "Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.... For this is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end."

Comments

Popular Posts