Happy 3rd and 4th of July!
| Gabby, me, and Natalie on the beach for the 3rd |
On the third, we spent our time at Jordan and Lexi's house for the day up until 2ish pm. I spent the morning in the Word, and Lexi made us breakfast; it was wonderful. We went to a family's house in the church for a huge party! It was my mentor's house, and so I had been hearing about how excited she was to be hosting the party, which was uber sweet to see her so happy. My job for the day was to help keep her on schedule and manage the lifeguards (making sure they were there). I enjoyed having a responsibility.
The final part of the day was on a beach watching fireworks. I don't care too much for fireworks, but the community was pretty sweet! The only downside was that we got dropped off at home around 10:45. Eek!
| The parade-watching crew! |
As soon as I had half a Chipotle bowl in my body and was back in AC, I went to take a 45-minute nap and was out for more than two hours. I woke to the harsh reality of a sunburn. I promise I put on so much sunscreen, but it's okay, aloe exists for a reason!
Tonight is our last night in the Anderson's home. We had a pasta dinner and played around with AI for a little bit afterwards. Two of the guys and I played in AI Dungeon which is what I would play before having enough friends for DnD. It was silly!
I have been continuing to read through Job in my quiet time, and I've been really enjoying it. As of today, I've reached the chapter I stopped at the last time I tried to read, but since then, I have grown so much in my relationship with the Lord and general Bible-reading ability that I'm not feeling intimidated like I was before. In my reading, I just got to Job's lament (Job 3), and it's given me lots to think about. Job is going through inexplicable, crazy amounts of loss and pain, yet does not grow angry against the Lord. Job continues to be faithful to the Lord, whilst still craving death, craving a reality where he was never born, yet not seriously considering taking matters into his own hands. I find this so admirable. I have lived a very cushy life, I have not suffered, and yet I know I have not been faithful to the Lord for all of my days. I am a sinner; I choose to go against God. I choose to complain, and that's a huge heart posture issue.
Praise God for grace! Praise God for growth. I love being made aware of the areas in my life where I struggle, where I am not walking in accordance with the Lord. It's really hard to grow and change, but I am not the one who causes growth. I am not fighting a battle alone.
Philippians 2:12-13 "So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to desire and to work for His good pleasure."
Comments
Post a Comment